|SmallTalk – $2495
Immediately reduces stuttering, while training you to no longer need the device. It’s the world’s smallest DAF/FAF anti-stuttering device, and includes Bluetooth wireless technology.
|Basic Fluency System – $1495
DAF and FAF for fluency on and off the telephone. Many states provide the Basic Fluency System free to qualified residents.
|School DAF – $295
Simple, easy-to-use DAF device for treating childhood stuttering. Used by thousands of school speech-language pathologists.
Stuttering Therapy Reviews
Stutterers review treatments they’ve done.
- Hollins Communications Research Institute (HCRI)
- Stuttering Modification Therapy (Van Riper)
- National Center for Stuttering (Dr. Martin Schwartz’s Airflow Technique)
- Institute for Stuttering Treatment and Research (ISTAR)
- Ross Barrett (Precision Fluency Shaping Program)
- Camperdown Program
- Other Therapy Programs
- Basic Fluency System
- School DAF
- Desktop Fluency System (discontinued)
- Fluency Master
- Edinburgh Masker
- Haloperidol (Haldol)
- Risperidone (Risperdal)
- Neurology of Stuttering. Brain imaging studies of adult stutterers reveal overactive speech motor activity, underactive auditory processing, and abnormal dopamine activity.
- Genetics of Stuttering. Why your genes likely aren’t to blame for your stuttering.
- Stuttering Support Groups. Why you should join a stuttering support group, what activities your stuttering support group can do together, and how to discuss stuttering.
- Cluttering and Other Fluency Disorders. Neurogenic stuttering, psychogenic stuttering, spasmodic dysphonia, hypokinetic dysarthria.
- Practice Word Lists
- Alternative words: stammering, stammer, studdering, studder
Last update: February 6, 2015