You don’t need to stutter on telephone calls. Most states provide free special telephone equipment that enables stutterers to speak fluently on the telephone. This device is Casa Futura Technologies’ Basic Fluency System. The device provides DAF and FAF to immediately reduce stuttering about 70%, without therapy, training, or abnormal-sounding speech. The device plugs into telephones that have a standard 2.5mm headset jack.
When used on a daily basis, Casa Futura Technologies’ DAF devices have been proven to train more than 50% carryover fluency. If you talk on the phone a half-hour or more each day, after a few months your stuttering the rest of the day, when you’re not on the phone should be about 50% less. If you also do speech therapy you may see even more carryover fluency.
The Basic Fluency System can also be unplugged from the telephone and used in face-to-face conversations.
What States Provide Anti-Stuttering Telephone Devices?
The state programs fall into two classes. Eight states regularly provide the Basic Fluency System to qualified residents. For these states you just fill out their application form.
- California Telephone Access Program
- Iowa Telecommunications Access
- Massachusetts MassEDP
- Missouri Telecommunications Access Program
- Oregon Telecommunication Devices Access Program
- Texas Specialized Telecommunications Assistance Program
- Washington Telecommunication Equipment Distribution Program
- Wisconsin Telecommunications Equipment Purchase Program (requires $100 co-pay)
The other states evaluate applications from stutterers on a case-by-case basis. Most of these states have simply never had a stutterer ask for special telephone equipment.
- Alabama Telecommunications Access Program
- Arizona Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program
- Arkansas Telecommunications Access Program
- Georgia Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program
- Illinois Telecommunication Access Corporation
- Kentucky Telecommunications Access Program
- Maine Telecommunication Equipment Program
- Minnesota Telephone Equipment Distribution Program
- Montana Telecommunications Access Program
- Nebraska Specialized Telecommunications Equipment Program
- Nevada Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program
- New Hampshire Telecommunication Equipment Distribution Program
- New Mexico Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program
- North Carolina Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program
- Oklahoma Equipment Distribution Program
- Pennsylvania Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Rhode Island Adaptive Telephone Equipment Program
- South Carolina Equipment Distribution Program
- South Dakota Telecommunication Equipment Distribution Program
- Tennessee Telecommunication Devices Access Program
- Relay Utah
- Vermont Equipment Distribution Program
- Virginia Technology Assistance Program
- West Virginia Telephonic Communication Device Loan Program
- Wyoming Relay Equipment Distribution